It’s a known fact that I rarely leave Center City, so when I do, I am usually in constant (mostly good) shock of what I find. Mt. Airy is a cute neighborhood in Northwest Philly that, until recently, I never would have never known to visit. Last week I was invited to the Press Preview of the upcoming Mt. Airy Street Fare, and I was super impressed with my whole experience in this comeback-kid neighborhood.
During the Street Fare, multiple food trucks (you know Philly loves a good food truck) and restaurants in Mt. Airy will be opening shop for some awesome bites & drinks. To help give you a taste of what to expect at this Thursday’s event, I’ve counted down my Top 5 Must Try spots on Germantown Avenue. Take a peek . . .
5. Wine Thief Neighborhood Bistro (7152 Germantown Avenue): Relaxed New York inspired restaurant opened by lifelong Mt. Airy resident.
Must try at Street Fare: the Mojito! Refreshing & so, so good.
4. Avenida (7402 Germantown Avenue): Cute Latin American joint housed in one of the first three homes ever built in Germantown.
Must try at Street Fare: the Housemade Sangria. YUM.
3. Little Jimmie’s Bakery and Cafe (6669 Germantown Avenue): Friendly, professionally trained Southern chef whipping up some delish baked goods + a whole new Southwestern menu. You know I love that.
Must try at Street Fare: the Sweet Potato Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yep.
2. Earth, Bread + Brewery (7136 Germantown Avenue): Awesome neighborhood restaurant complete with a microbrewery & wine on tap. Plus they have slammin flatbread pizzas.
1. Jyoti (7220 Germantown Avenue): The result of wanting to bring fresh cooking to Mt. Airy after a 30-year Indian food canning business, owned by literally the most adorable woman in all of Mt. Airy.
Must try at Street Fare: the Kati Rolls – fried Indian bread rolled in chickpeas topped with lettuce, onions, cilantro and this chutney that was amaaaaazing.
Mt. Airy Street Fare is taking place this Thursday, September 19th, from 6:00 – 10:30 pm. There will be over 40 food trucks & restaurants, live music, and an outdoor simulcast of the Eagles game! The drive up to Mt. Airy on Kelly Drive was beautiful and it would be a nice, quick getaway for your & your boo.
Will you be attending Street Fare? What are you looking forward to trying? xx