Even though I have resisted putting on my *NSYNC Home For Christmas Pandora station so far this year, there’s no avoiding it – the holidays are pretty much here. My shopping has not been that productive thus far, so I was really excited to put together a little bit of inspiration in the form of my annual Philadelphia gift guides. This year I expanded my recommendations to 10 whole ideas to gift your boyfriend, brother, friend, cool boss, cooler dad, etc. for the holidays this year. Most of the items can be shopped online or picked up around town, so let’s get shopping!
1. Even though the Phils are not our city’s favorite team right now, this Phillies shirt is actually super stylish, and I would be instantly attracted to any man wearing this tee (just be aware of that fact when you decide who to give it to). *
2. For men that can stand to be just a little bit silly while still showing major pride for their city, this Liberty Bell tie is an excellent option. I also think I would be attracted to most men wearing this, so I think we know where this list is going. *
3. This Philadelphia tumbler is covered in things that make our city great, like cheesesteaks, Rocky, and B. Franklin, and will instantly make any home bar way cooler. *
4. For the man who loves going out to eat in the city, a 13th Street restaurant gift card is a solid choice. it’s redeemable at Little Nonna’s, Jamonera, Lolita & Barbuzzo . . . so basically, you’re gifting heaven. *
5. I’ll admit, I was not entirely sure of the function of a tie tack until I stumbled upon this vintage gem on Etsy. I, however, would not recommend pairing this with #2 – let’s show that Philly pride subtly, don’t you think?
6. So many guys have been mentioning the Shibe Vintage Sports store to me lately, so this ugly Eagles sweater was an obvious choice. Your guy will also be happy to know that he can now match Beau Allen & Todd Herremans. *
7. I welcome any and all men who decide to keep their facial hair long after Movember has ended, but just in case they feel the need to get rid of it after being compared to Santa one too many times, this shave cream is the perfect natural pick. *
8. A good pair of socks can certainly be an after thought for some guys, so just solve their problems and grab them a super high quality pair or two. They’ll never go back. *
9. If you’re looking for an experience to take on with your man, a tour all about graffiti and love letters is an awesome option. It runs on the weekends year-round and offers a glimpse into the sweet side of our city. *
10. Last but not least, just get your guy to Yards. They offer free tours on the weekends, and their Tasting Room is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. Just pick up the tab, or maybe even some Yards gear while you’re at it, and you’re instantly the coolest girl ever. *
* = based in Philadelphia.
There you have it! My 10 gifts for the Philadelphia man in your life. Thanks to all of the guys I bugged for inspiration – your suggestions were great. In case you need more inspiration, check out last year’s Philly Guy Gift Guide, or if you think I’m missing something, let me know in the comments! My lady guide will be up later this week, so pop back over and see what’s topping my list for all of you fabulous women. Have a great short week! xx