It’s beginning to look a lot like gift guide season! I love putting together and evolving my Philly Gift Guides each year; researching the best gifts for Philly guys always helps me to discover new places and products to fall in love with. The gift you give will depend on the relationship you have to this person. For example, if it is a business-related relationship then it would be best to look at corporate holiday gift baskets. This year, I have a fun mix of gift ideas (inspired by our city, of course) that I hope will spark some holiday shopping for the Philly man in your life!
Now that I’ve made you work for it, here are my top 10 gift ideas your boyfriend, brother, pops, or buddy. On to the gifts!
1. For the man who entertains his buddies or simply drinks lots of icy beverages, these bamboo Moustache Coasters by Philly-based Masters of None are a thoughtful reminder not to be an animal. $29
2. While it pains me to put any Philly sports gear in this year’s gift guide, we gotta have phaith, right? At lease this Sixers Crewneck from Mitchell & Ness (1201 Chestnut Street) is pretty hard to argue with, style-wise. $100
3. For the classy gentleman, this Ironwork Leather Hip Flask, designed for The Barnes (2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway) after the mustache-shaped iron hinges at the museum, is essential. $79
4. I’ve seen many a man omit stylish eyewear from their daily look, but lucky for them, they have us. While I love basically everything at the Omoi Zakka Shop (1608 Pine Street), these Black Tortoise Shades are pretty killer. $62
5. Impress your java-addicted man with this La Colombe (multiple locations) All The Best Gift Box, featuring, you guessed it, the shop’s top three classic blends. $36
6. For the homes where there never seems to be a quick way to open your fancy craft brew, this Liberty Bell Bottle Opener from Open House (107 South 13th Steet) is a generous, problem solving gift. $34
7. This shirt is really cool, mostly because, beyond the standard LOVE statue emblem, it’s made up of ~40,000 words! The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin tee from Litographs, comes in multiple color combos, too. $34
8. Another Philly-based gem is Analog Watch Co. (1214 Moore Street). This Black Marble Classic Watch is one of my favorite styles from their hip shop. $164.99
9. Depending on when you’re exchanging, a couple of tickets to the new Star Wars flick at The Franklin Institute (222 North 20th Street)’s IMAX Theater could be a pretty excellent gift option. You just have to go with him. $15/each
10. If you’re lucky enough to be #blessed with a bearded man in your life, the least you could do is help them care for it. I’m a fan of this handy Beard Box from Duross and Langel (117 South 13th Street). $45
There you have it! Stay tuned for my Philly Lady Gift Guide later this week, but if you need some inspiration in the meantime, check out all of my past Philly Gift Guides. Have a great week! xx