Here we are, you guys, I’ve finally given in. The ‘ol link round up post has made its way to Her Philly. All the bloggers are doing it, and for that reason I’ve always thought, why do I too need to publish out links I’m into (even more than I normally do on Twitter)? After a good hard think (and getting some common sense knocked into me at the last PHLBloggers talk), I decided to give these babies a go. Truthfully, I’m not too bad at writing a stream of insane consciousness down, plus I love reading link round ups from other bloggers, so it just might be a good fit for me.
Before I posted this, I racked my brain for original titles to call this series, and really, I got nothing RN. So, it’s currently “Things I Love on the Internet Right Now,” (I also started this off with “Things I Like on the Internet,” but let’s be real, my feelings are normally way more extreme than “like”) but I’m open to suggestions. Happy to hear your feedback on amount of content you’re into in these types of posts, too. I hope you enjoy. xx
- GIRLS is killing me this season. Ever since Marnie (aka Magita Perez) walked out of that hotel (after securing $600 as a faux hooker) like a bossssss, this is the only song I’ve listened to, over & over.
- Oh, speaking of songs, I’m so obsessed with this one by Elle King. Seems like a pretty good one for spin, I gotta put that request in.
- Um, the menu for Mother’s Day Brunch at Olde Bar looks incredibly amazing. I’ll take so many of those fries.
- Kind of losing my mind over these Manic Panic semi-perm hair color pics. I’m really terrified to try any of these, but hooooly do those blues look like heaven.
- This. I’m into this a lot.
- If you’ve ever wondered what Passyunk and Manayunk and Mt. Airy were named for, this writeup on how Philly neighborhoods got their names is a pretty interesting read.
- Ever since I saw Room, I’ve been sorta obsessed with the little beeb that is Jacob Tremblay. Well, the nugget just got himself a puppy named Rey Tremblay (because, Star Wars), and this slideshow of pics is one of my favorite compilations ever. (His Instagram also s-l-a-y-s)
- My fav quote of the week (and my motto for life, pretty much): “I’m confident. I’m independent. I love life. I’m a pretty outstanding woman.”
My last stream of consciousness thought for this post has to be: THANK. YOU. In case you haven’t seen me sharing on social, I was voted 2016 Philly Blogger of the Year by Philly Happening. I know you all had to go out of your way to vote, so please know it really means so much to me. Thank you. xx
Wait, I can’t be stopped!! I have so much going on this weekend. Please add me on Snapchat (click the ghost, add friends – by username, & type herphilly) to follow along with speaking on my first blogger panel, a black tie dinner, and lots of exciting shots of me doing my taxes.
Okay, now I’m done. Love yas.