You didn’t think I forgot about my ladies, did you? 😉 The second post in my annual gift guide series is always my favorite, because I get to search the internet for the best gifts that Philly ladies (just like me, naturally) would love to receive this holiday season. Similarly to this year’s Philly Guy Gift Guide, most of these gifting ideas ship from or can be bought in the city, or are just plain inspired by Philadelphia.
It’s beginning to look a lot like gift guide season! I love putting together and evolving my Philly Gift Guides each year; researching the best gifts for Philly guys always helps me to discover new places and products to fall in love with. This year, I have a fun mix of gift ideas (inspired by our city, of course) that I hope will spark some holiday shopping for the Philly man in your life!
I don’t mind Valentine’s Day. I think it’s a nice opportunity and/or reminder to do something special for the ones you love. There are tons of gift guides for sweet, Pinterest-inspired gifts you can get for your BF (I mean, who wouldn’t want to get this?), so I’ve decided to tackle some gift ideas for the under-appreciated on the big V-Day: your BFF, your puppy, and, the most important one, yourself.
Gifting for girls in Philadelphia is so fun. For the woman who loves exploring her city, it’s hard to go wrong with a constant overflow of delightful places to go and things to do. But, in case you do need a little inspiration, I’ve got you covered. This year’s gift guide is filled with cute and quirky items for your BFF, sister, co-worker, or me. 🙂 Let’s take a peek . . .
Even though I have resisted putting on my *NSYNC Home For Christmas Pandora station so far this year, there’s no avoiding it – the holidays are pretty much here. My shopping has not been that productive thus far, so I was really excited to put together a little bit of inspiration in the form of my annual Philadelphia gift guides. This year I expanded my recommendations to 10 whole ideas to gift your boyfriend, brother, friend, cool boss, cooler dad, etc. for the holidays this year. Most of the items can be shopped online or picked up around town, so let’s get shopping!
The ‘Philly girl’ is so much fun to shop for. She likes sports, she likes make-up. She likes gifts that can be used on any & all “experiences” around our city. I loved creating my Philly Girl Gift Guide last year & couldn’t wait to create this year’s version. I’ve scoured the internet for Philly’s coolest gifts of 2013. Check them out:
1. I truly love this Philly laser cut necklace*. Someone please get it for me for Christmas. Please.
3. Let’s see, nailpolish made in Philadelphia* & named after It’s Always Sunny? Sign me up.
4. Unique Philly art pieces make me smile. This cutout city scape can be customized & is adorable for your BFF’s Center City apartment.
5. South Moon Under always has has really cool gift options, but these American flag mittens are just so fab.
6. For your friends that love BYOB’s, make sure you pick up this Philly Streets wine tote*.
7. A gift that your girlfriend wouldn’t get for herself is the best. Hook her up with a gift card for a cute blowout*.
* = based in Philadelphia.
Got enough lady ideas? Check out my Philly Guy Gift Guide & get some ideas for your man. But first, let’s just share this post with everyone shopping for you this holiday season. They’ll thank you. xx
It’s that time of year again! I love shopping for my family & friends, always on a constant quest to find the perfect gift. While I don’t have a lot of men to buy for this year, I do find it’s hard to shop for the opposite sex on a whim. You need research, planning & a good memory. Last year, I put together a Philadelphia gift guide for your man and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. I wanted to bring it back this year with some awesome updated gifts your boyfriend, best friend, brother, or even really hip dad are sure to love this holiday.
1. The ol’ snapback trick. I like this Eagles snapback* because it looks good on a guy’s’ noggin, and you don’t have to know his fitted hat size.
2. Hook him up with gym bag or out-of-town business trip essentials from duross & langel*.
3. If your guy participates in Movember or sports facial hair year round (yes please), he’ll love these Phillies Facial Hair prints*.
4. I’m obsessed with guys in sweaters like this. This United by Blue sweater* is comfortable & helps a good cause.
5. Unique pillows make a big difference in a living room. Be warned, this famous Philly food inspired pillow* may make you hungry.
6. All Philly men love the Roots, right? This Questlove shirt is about as ‘City of Brotherly Love’ as it gets, folks.
7. These bicycle cuff links* are fun, quirky and perfect for a guy who likes to dress up.
8. The key to getting your man to go shopping with you? Take him to DiBruno Brothers* with a gift card in hand.
* = based in Philadelphia.
I hope these gifts gave you some ideas to get your holiday shopping rolling. Coming up next: my lady gift guide (we all know that’s the real fun one)! Happy shopping! xx
As we are nearing December 25th, picking up a last minute gift for your best gal pal does not have to be as stressful as it sounds. There is still plenty of time to run down the street (or even across town) to pick up one of these gifts from a Philly retailer. No time? Don’t you worry, I’ve got online options too! Let’s see…
1. A Taste of Childhood: What better way to spend some time with your BFFs than a little pottery painting at this fabulous all-inclusive BYOB studio? The Expressive Hand gift card, available at The Expressive Hand (622 South 9th St.)
2. A Cute Calendar: My apartment is covered with Kurt Halsey prints. Your friend will love his adorable and heartwarming doodles. Kurt Halsey “2013 Wall Calendar,” $24, available at Art Star Gallery & Boutique (623 North 2nd St.)
5. A Cute Case: Society6 is an AMAZING site that puts art prints on tons of different items. This case is simple but unique for all of the iPhone users out there. Philadelphia City Skyline iPhone Case, $35, available at Architette Studios, via Society6
7. A Glitzy Hairpiece: I have been wearing the same Anthro headband for 5+ years, and every time I wear it, I get compliments. It’s worth the price tag. Amaranthine Headband, $32, available at Anthropologie (1801 Walnut St.)
What was the best gift you’ve given or received from your BFF?
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and if you’re anything like me, finding the perfect gift for your friend or family member is essential to holiday happiness. Since I have the hardest time shopping for my boyfriend – conflicted by the love/hate of fueling his Philadelphia sports obsession and desire to be creative & the best girlfriend ever – I chose “the boyfriend/husband/best guy friend” as my first recipient.
4. Cute Customizable Tchotchke: The perfect conversation piece to complete any apartment/desk/car, and just too awesome not to want (you can customize it with your go-to toppings – hello?!). Felt Food Philadelphia Cheesesteak, $14, available at CraftFlag via Etsy
7. Restaurant Gift Certificate: A favorite pick for the gift that keeps on giving after the holidays are over. My personal pick for the best, super filling meals at all hours of the day. Penrose Diner Gift Card, available at Penrose Diner (2016 Penrose Ave.)
There are also some great presents that you can’t wrap under the tree: cooking dinner, helping him clean his apartment, baking cookies, you know the drill – just be creative!
What will you be getting your man this year? Let’s hear some ideas in the comments below! Until next time…