Happy Monday, my beautiful friends! I have been enjoying the past few weeks filled with a little peace and quiet before the spring craziness picks up. I have lots of random tidbits I wanted to share with you this week, so let’s jump right in!
This year has been such a lovely one for me. I’ve grown up. Learned to do things by myself. Got a glimpse of what I’m capable of. Explored true happiness. And really, truly lived in the moment as much as possible. So, today I’m practicing what I preach, and sharing things that are making me happy right now.
- Trying new drinks at Franklin Mortgage (112 South 18th Street). I stopped in this past weekend and had the Sherry Cobbler and Little Love Caster. Both had beautiful presentation and were amazingly delicious.
- The new cropped sweater I picked up over the holidays at my favorite neighborhood thrift shop. I’m thinking I’ll wear it over a maxi dress while I’m running errands today.
- Netflix’s House of Cards. After falling in love with Orange is the New Black, I knew I had to give this show a try. With a little push this weekend, I am already eight episodes in. There’s no stopping me now. I’ve had a look on Reddit and there are many theories for so many shows. It’d probably get to the point that I’d have to download all the content I see and read/watch everything when I have time. If this is something you didn’t know you could do, you may want to click here to find out more. Once you get Netflix, there’s no going back.
- NYX lipliners. I am becoming obsessed with these little beauties, and when ULTA (1619 Walnut Street) runs a sale on NYX, which is frequently, I stock up.
- BJ Novak & Jason Schwartzman in Saving Mr. Banks. Because they are adorable & cute & I want to date men that wear their hair like that. But with beards.
- Shopping for my first Bettie Page (1605 Walnut Street) dress. The girls who work the shop are seriously angels and the dresses are so much fun to try on.
- The Eagles (aka the NFC East Champs.) All of them. But specifically the University of Cincinnati alumni.
I’ll be spending tonight drinking & laughing in the new year with some of my closest friends. I wish each and every one of you the most fun evening you can imagine. I can’t wait to see my Instagram feed covered in glittery dresses & champagne. Happy 2014!