Ahhhh hi! I know I have been MIA, but for good reason: it’s MAY. As you’re well aware, I’m firmly believe that everyone has the right to go all out in their birthday celebrations. And with that philosophy, I’ve been taking advantage this month. Keeping myself busy with really fun things and surrounded by my friends and family has made me feel like one lucky girl. Here’s everything I’ve been up to this month…
All year long, our lives as Philadelphians (whether we like it or not) revolve largely around the games being played all the way down Broad Street. Whether it’s the traffic, the news stories, the jerseys, or the conversations, our city is constantly buzzing about its sports. And with those sports come athletes. Really hot athletes.
Ever since I became a Philadelphian myself and started actually paying attention to placing names with the faces of our city’s most athletic, I have always been struck with how freaking attractive they all were. Sure, there are some men that may just be good at their sport and not offer up much eye candy for the ladies in the stands, but for the most part, our city’s athletes are smokin.
This year I became pretty obsessed with the entire Eagles roster (largely due to Instagram), so after planning out a few Man Crush Mondays, I decided to take it one step farther and narrow down the gorgeous men in Philly to ten. Ten men who are too studly for their own good, and who help perpetuate our city’s (or at least its ladies’) obsession with sports.
My list is completely subjective, and I definitely have my “type,” but hopefully you can find some new Philly men to swoon over in this post. Sixers, I apologize in advance.
10. Chase Utley, Second Baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies
Any list documenting sexy Philadelphia men would not be complete without the presence of Chase. He is our city hero, but with gorgeous eyes, sexy hair, and a love for dropping the f-bomb.
9. Wayne Simmonds, Right Wing for the Philadelphia Flyers
I like a man who can get rough, and that’s Wayne Simmonds. I didn’t even mind when his eyes were destroyed and covered in stitches. But seriously, the grin does it for me.
8. Brent Celek, Tight End for the Philadelphia Eagles
7. Darin Ruf, Left Fielder for the Philadelphia Phillies
I can’t pinpoint exactly why I have a crush on Darin Ruf, but I do. He’s just a cutie. Nice eyes, too.
6. Zac Rinaldo, Center for the Philadelphia Flyers
One of my friends described Zac Rinaldo as “a little guido,” and I think that made me love him more. We all know he’s definitely got a little fight in him.
5. Luke Schenn, Defenseman for the Philadelphia Flyers
I once thought one Schenn was enough – boy was I wrong. Luke Schenn is like your high school crush, except he has awesome hair and plays professional hockey. Yessss.
4. Brayden Schenn, Center for the Philadelphia Flyers
Can Brayden Schenn not be the cutest human to ever skate on Philly ice? When I first saw this picture, it was love.
3. Connor Barwin, Linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles
The hair, the beard, the muscles, and the fact that he takes SEPTA are just some of the reasons Connor Barwin is smokin. I just can’t get over this picture either.
2. Mychal Kendricks, Linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles
I kind of can’t believe Mychal Kendricks is a real person . . . he is so. hot. He is also a Cali boy and snowboards in his free time (so says the TV show I watched the other night) – sign me up.
1. Jason Kelce, Center for the Philadelphia Eagles
As my friends have been hearing for the past few months, I am a Jason Kelce fan. When I first saw the beard, I was smitten. When I heard him on WIP, I fell deeper. When I MET HIM out to dinner a few weeks ago, it was all over. Jason, please let me love you.
Honorable mention: Carlos Ruiz, Catcher for the Philadelphia Phillies
I would be remiss not to include my #1 Philly man and O.G. crush. Banned stimulants or not, I love ya, Chooch.
Putting this post together was likely one of the most time consuming I have ever completed, but it sure was a fun one. What do you think ladies – did I miss anyone? What athlete tops your Philly man crush list?
It’s that time of year again! I love shopping for my family & friends, always on a constant quest to find the perfect gift. While I don’t have a lot of men to buy for this year, I do find it’s hard to shop for the opposite sex on a whim. You need research, planning & a good memory. Last year, I put together a Philadelphia gift guide for your man and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. I wanted to bring it back this year with some awesome updated gifts your boyfriend, best friend, brother, or even really hip dad are sure to love this holiday.
1. The ol’ snapback trick. I like this Eagles snapback* because it looks good on a guy’s’ noggin, and you don’t have to know his fitted hat size.
2. Hook him up with gym bag or out-of-town business trip essentials from duross & langel*.
3. If your guy participates in Movember or sports facial hair year round (yes please), he’ll love these Phillies Facial Hair prints*.
4. I’m obsessed with guys in sweaters like this. This United by Blue sweater* is comfortable & helps a good cause.
5. Unique pillows make a big difference in a living room. Be warned, this famous Philly food inspired pillow* may make you hungry.
6. All Philly men love the Roots, right? This Questlove shirt is about as ‘City of Brotherly Love’ as it gets, folks.
7. These bicycle cuff links* are fun, quirky and perfect for a guy who likes to dress up.
8. The key to getting your man to go shopping with you? Take him to DiBruno Brothers* with a gift card in hand.
* = based in Philadelphia.
I hope these gifts gave you some ideas to get your holiday shopping rolling. Coming up next: my lady gift guide (we all know that’s the real fun one)! Happy shopping! xx