Back in November, I attended the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Gala at the Loews (1200 Market Street). The stage was set to be a really special night: the guest of honor was my friend HughE Dillon (read about HughE’s story here – it’s incredible), I was attending with my boyfriend and his parents, and, frankly, this was the first “gala” I’d ever be attending. I knew I’d be waiting til the last minute for my dress (which turned out to be a rental gone wrong), so I wanted to plan out the other aspects of completing a “gala appropriate” look in advance. After a full day of frantic, last-minute shopping at KOP, I found my dress (now on sale for half the price – NBD), and all that was left was to enjoy my day getting ready around the city.
You didn’t think I forgot about my ladies, did you? 😉 The second post in my annual gift guide series is always my favorite, because I get to search the internet for the best gifts that Philly ladies (just like me, naturally) would love to receive this holiday season. Similarly to this year’s Philly Guy Gift Guide, most of these gifting ideas ship from or can be bought in the city, or are just plain inspired by Philadelphia.
This year has been such a lovely one for me. I’ve grown up. Learned to do things by myself. Got a glimpse of what I’m capable of. Explored true happiness. And really, truly lived in the moment as much as possible. So, today I’m practicing what I preach, and sharing things that are making me happy right now.
- Trying new drinks at Franklin Mortgage (112 South 18th Street). I stopped in this past weekend and had the Sherry Cobbler and Little Love Caster. Both had beautiful presentation and were amazingly delicious.
- The new cropped sweater I picked up over the holidays at my favorite neighborhood thrift shop. I’m thinking I’ll wear it over a maxi dress while I’m running errands today.
- Netflix’s House of Cards. After falling in love with Orange is the New Black, I knew I had to give this show a try. With a little push this weekend, I am already eight episodes in. There’s no stopping me now.
- NYX lipliners. I am becoming obsessed with these little beauties, and when ULTA (1619 Walnut Street) runs a sale on NYX, which is frequently, I stock up.
- BJ Novak & Jason Schwartzman in Saving Mr. Banks. Because they are adorable & cute & I want to date men that wear their hair like that. But with beards.
- Shopping for my first Bettie Page (1605 Walnut Street) dress. The girls who work the shop are seriously angels and the dresses are so much fun to try on.
- The Eagles (aka the NFC East Champs.) All of them. But specifically the University of Cincinnati alumni.
I’ll be spending tonight drinking & laughing in the new year with some of my closest friends. I wish each and every one of you the most fun evening you can imagine. I can’t wait to see my Instagram feed covered in glittery dresses & champagne. Happy 2014!