The holiday season is quickly approaching, and if you’re anything like me, finding the perfect gift for your friend or family member is essential to holiday happiness. Since I have the hardest time shopping for my boyfriend – conflicted by the love/hate of fueling his Philadelphia sports obsession and desire to be creative & the best girlfriend ever – I chose “the boyfriend/husband/best guy friend” as my first recipient.
1. A Record: The grown-up’s version of a mix-tape. Dr. Dre – The Chronic LP, $22, available at Philly based Urban Outfitters (1627 Walnut St.)
2. Shaving Kit: For the man who likes to, or needs an excuse to, lather up in style. Mid-Size Kit, $60, available at The Art of Shaving (1528 Walnut Street)
3. Sports Tee: It seems every man in Philadelphia is a sports lover. This is their mecca. B. Dawk Men’s Tee, $28, available at Cheesesteaktees (506 South Street)
4. Cute Customizable Tchotchke: The perfect conversation piece to complete any apartment/desk/car, and just too awesome not to want (you can customize it with your go-to toppings – hello?!). Felt Food Philadelphia Cheesesteak, $14, available at CraftFlag via Etsy
5. Comfy Hoodie: An essential for a quick run to the corner store or out to breakfast. D&W Tophat Pullover, $65, available at Duke & Winston (633 N. 2nd Street)
6. Handmade One-Of-A-Kind Stunner: It is a traditional toy that is bound to impress the person to whom you’re gifting it to. They’re not just popular in Russia, but they can be just as sought-after in every country around the world, so who wouldn’t want to have some to add to their collection? Plus – handmade in Russia, can you top that? Philadelphia Flyers Nesting Matryoshka Doll Set, $49, available at artmatryoshka via Etsy
7. Restaurant Gift Certificate: A favorite pick for the gift that keeps on giving after the holidays are over. My personal pick for the best, super filling meals at all hours of the day. Penrose Diner Gift Card, available at Penrose Diner (2016 Penrose Ave.)
There are also some other great presents: cooking dinner, helping him clean his apartment, baking cookies, or getting him a saucy gift like a pink ball gag or something along those lines. You know the drill – just be creative!
What will you be getting your man this year? Let’s hear some ideas in the comments below! Until next time…