I don’t mind Valentine’s Day. I think it’s a nice opportunity and/or reminder to do something special for the ones you love. There are tons of gift guides for sweet, Pinterest-inspired gifts you can get for your BF (I mean, who wouldn’t want to get this?), so I’ve decided to tackle some gift ideas for the under-appreciated on the big V-Day: your BFF, your puppy, and, the most important one, yourself.
If you’re single (or even if your not), your best female lady pals are pretty much your soul mates. For your BFF, a rule of thumb I like to use is: buy them things they wouldn’t normally treat themselves to. I’ve got a few ideas . . .
- Goodies from LUSH (1525 Walnut Street) are a pretty safe go-to. I like The Kiss lip scrub – so necessary for this time of year.
- I have an extensive lip color collection, and I have received frequent requests from my girlfriends to bring along a color or two for them when we go out. A Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (CVS/Walgreens) is a seriously full-proof starter lip color.
- Because most ladies I know trust anything the Marcie Turney/Valerie Safran duo touches, they’ll love getting these gorgeous chocolates from Marcie Blaine Artisanal Chocolates (108 South 13th Street).
- To really treat your gal pal, I’m obsessed with this Let It Be necklace from Adorn by Sarah Lewis (1314 Frankford Avenue).
I don’t have a dog (I am an aunt, though!), but I really wish I had a dog. If I had a dog, I would get it treats and toys and presents for every holiday. Although it’s still easy for me to find dog apparel for my dog lover friends! For those of you who do have a furry companion, I love . . .
- Something to keep your cute little buddy super stylish. This pink puppy hoodie from Duke & Winston (1822 Chestnut Street) is perfect.
- Like pup, like (future) owner. This slice of pizza is a dog toy you can secure for your pup from Doggie Style (multiple locations).
- If you’re already prepping your pet’s spring wardrobe, this fancy little floral bandana from Philly-based Etsy shop Old Weller Pup Supply Co. is a pretty essential piece.
- How. Cute. Are. These. Treats?! They’re from Amelie’s Bark Shop (1544 East Passyunk Avenue), and think of all of the amazing Instagram shots you get get out of them!
We all know that I thoroughly believe in loving and treating yourself as much as possible. And so, on a day all about love, whether you’re single or not, you deserve something that makes you feel amazing. To get you thinking . . .
- Get your body glistening and learn a few moves at a striptease class from Philly Dance Fitness (1624 South Street). Even if you’re just going to practice in front of the mirror until the right man comes along, I say this is one investment you deserve. When the time comes for you to make your new partner feel like a million bucks, you can live out that tubev.sex fantasy. Plus, it’s a really good bit of fitness and positive body image affirmation that you deserve to love yourself with!
- More of a shower or bath girl? Love pampering yourself like it’s spa day at your house? Let yourself lather up with this Mighty Aphrodite soap from Duross & Langel (117 South 13th Street), which the shop claims promotes sexual energy. Sign me up.
- You need this amazing cutout teddy from Victoria’s Secret (1625 Chestnut Street). And yes, you can go into Victoria Secret and lie when they ask if you’re getting it for “something special,” but why not tell them nope, you’re getting it for YOU – and strut on out, girlfriend! (I hope you used a coupon ;))
- Taking it down one notch: art is the grown up treat that you never think to get yourself, yet can make your apartment or office just feel better. Combining two of my favorite things (shoes and animal print) and you get this Leopard Flats Print from The Atelier (online). Don’t miss free shipping through 2/7 with code XOXO!
I hope these ideas inspired you to think of celebrating the holiday a little differently this year. Enjoy the rest of your week, ladies. xx
PS: Thanks to Mandy for suggesting this post idea! If you have any blogs you’d like to see, get in touch!