Way back in 2013, when I was just a baby Philly blogger and new-ish Philly resident, I wrote a post documenting some of my favorite foods in Philadelphia at the time. Looking back on my selects, I’m pretty proud of how far my Philly food explorations have come over the years. Between checking out new neighborhoods and trying different cuisines, to learning that something called a sweetbread is not really sweet bread (don’t look it up) and later giving it a try, I’ve come a long way.
But today, I thought it was time to update that little list with 5 of my new absolute favorite Philly foods that I would definitely and most certainly rather be eating right now.
Ready to be hangry? Let’s go.
5. The Lolita Cubano at Lolita (106 South 13th Street): roasted pork shoulder sandwich with bacon, country ham, grain mustard, caciocavallo, pickles, chipotle aioli & pickled cabbage, served with spicy jalapeño-onion fries Now this was good, but I can’t help but feel that having it as 6 foot party subs would’ve made it even tastier… if that was even possible.
4. The Salty Pimp at Big Gay Ice Cream (521 South Broad Street): vanilla ice cream, dulce de leche, and sea salt in a chocolate dip
3. Pie & Mash at Stargazy (1838 East Passyunk Avenue): pretty much any delicious pie, mash, and parsley liquor
2. 24-Carat Carrot Cake at Kermit’s Bake Shoppe (2204 Washington Avenue): carrot cake and cream cheese icing heaven
1. Any & every pizza ever at Bufad (1240 Spring Garden Street): but this one had brussel sprouts, pancetta, balsamic, and so much more goodness
There we have it, 5 of my current fav Philly foods all wrapped up into a bow. Now that we’re all sufficiently hungry (Happy Tuesday to you too, greek yogurt!), tell me please: what Philly food would you rather be eating right now? xx