The ol gift guide strikes again! But today, it’s all about the ladies. I’ll touch on lots of different gift ideas, including personalised ideas like a custom name necklace so you can really impress your lady. And guess what, it’s just in time for December shopping crunch time. So, I’m here to save the day with 10 of the best, local-based, Philly-made gift ideas for the Philly lady in your life. If you see something you’re into and need that extra *hint hint* to get your point across, share this guide! I know this cause/effect to be true, because I always end up getting some of these gifts each year from my thoughtful friends and fam, and I don’t hate it. Scroll down to get the deets! Before we start, I’d like to make a special mention to an additional gift idea: photo mugs! Make your gift that much more personal with a custom image of your choosing.
1. Brian Giniewski’s Instagram is seriously one of my favorites in this city, so I had to include one of his gorgeous pots in this guide. It’s hard to choose a favorite, but I am currently loving this Powder / Denim piece. $49
3. For your friend that needs a little green (and gold!) in her life, please get her The Copper Dino succulent planter from Philly’s new same-day flower delivery service, UrbanStems. Good for the ol last minute gift, too! $45
4. This bag though! For your lady pal who loves being fashion forward, this classic hip bag (aka the best fanny pack I’ve ever seen) from West Oak Design is the best gift. $60
5. Philly-based Etsy shop The Messinger is filled with so many cute and punny gift ideas. Scoop up a fancy floral koozie with your BFF’s initial for a thoughtful, personalized gift just in time for spring festival season. $10.20
6. Give her the gift of a unique piece of art from Philly fav, Two Paperdolls. I love how this Philly Series Print shows our city up top, in the middle, and down below – so cool for someone who’s on a decorating kick. $60
7. When I began putting this list together, I got multiple suggestions to feature Philly’s newest hair and skin line, Wilde Gatherings (1339 Frankford Avenue). Pick your gf up something she might not get herself, like this Energy Blend Aromamist. $21
8. Graphic tees speak to most (/all) ladies, and this one certainly spoke to me. Obsessed with the Bless This Mess Nachos Dolman Tee from Pyknic. You can scoop this baby (and many other local items) up at WorKS in Kennett Square. $29
9. These floral badge reels from The Path Less Raveled are truly the cutest gift you could give to lady coworkers. At least I hope this is true, because I just bought some for that exact purpose. $7.50 each
10. I spent forever looking through the freakin cool earring duos Night Owl Designs offers on their site. My favorites for a gift this year are obviously the the Meiser Brother pair (followed closely by Yukon Cornelius and Home Alone). $10
Besides the above, you could also consider personalized diamond painting as an option for a gift for your friends, partner, or any of your relatives. These paintings might offer a different take on your usual gift ideas as they can provide a recreational activity for the recipient in the guise of a present.
Oh! If you’re around tomorrow and looking for more gifts, check out my friend Rachel’s Holiday Maker Fair at WeWork Northern Liberties (1010 N Hancock Street)! It will be packed with tons of local Philly craftsters for your shopping delights. Hope you enjoyed this year’s Philly gift guides, and happy shopping! xx