Being off on a weekday is really amazing for me for three main reasons: morning Netflix in bed, no lines at my apartment’s laundry machine, and less humans at the grocery store. My grocery store of choice is, of course, the brand new and beautiful Philadelphia Whole Foods (2101 Pennsylvania Avenue), and being able to swoop in and out of that place as crowd-free as possible is a true #blessing. In addition to adoring everything about the Philly dining scene, I’m always fascinated by what people buy at grocery stores (I shared my things you gotta try at Whole Foods three whole years ago and the obsession has not ceased). So, after one particularly indulgent midday trip, I thought I’d share what I have going on in this fridge of mine.
It should be noted that I, very luckily, work full-time at a place that provides breakfast and lunch to their employees. So, my fridge is predominantly occupied by snack type items and beverages. I’m also not going to call out the boring stuff, like chicken and spinach and soup, for the most part, because let’s be real, the brand name stuff is what we’re all here for. First up: my freezer!
1. The one thing that stuck from my low-carb days: Mission Carb Balance Tortillas. I keep them in my freezer to keep them fresh, but you must separate them before freezing. Imperative.
2. And on to another thing that is in no way low-carb, Amy’s Margherita Pizza. Guys, I know I’ve read some mixed reviews on these, but I am truly addicted.
3. I’m also riding high on the Halo Top ice cream craze. I know they’re still not *good* for you, but otherwise my fridge would be filled with B&J’s, so let me live. Black Cherry is my #1.
4. I’m mainly including this to make my mom laugh. I am obsessed with lima beans and have been all my life. I usually have to practically get in the frozen veggie freezers to even find a bag of these, but it’s so worth it.
5. My secret weapon: Tater Puffs. I got my first quite a bit ago when making this recipe for a brunch, and now I need to keep them in my freezer at all times.
On to the fridge, starting with my not-embarrassing-at-all, duct taped fridge door. 🙂
1. I get pretty sad in the winter, so I pulled out all the Amazon stops this year, including these NatureWise Vitamin D3 pills. I’m pleased to report I think they did their job.
2. I am a proud LaCroix fan and drink approximately 1-2 every night. Do not judge. (Up there is also a leftover sparkling water I tried from Wegman’s . . . not as good)
3. I’ve got some Ommegang Game of Thrones beers stocked up, ready for the right occasion.
4. When I visited Napa, Domaine Chandon was one of my absolute favorite spots. I couldn’t pass up this Brut with the Rebecca Minkoff packaging when I saw it here in Philly.
5. And last for the the door, my two favorite white wines: Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc and Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc. Someday, I will make it to New Zealand and drown myself in wine.
1. This is some extra sauce that came with the sweet potato fries at Good Dog. That is all.
2. I love Sir Kensington’s condiments. I feel like I may be the only person in Philadelphia that does (they’re always on sale), but I am such a sucker for packaging and flavor names and things that should not affect my condiment selection, but they do.
3. There is always cheese in my fridge. Sometimes, it’s through my cheese subscription at Philly Foodworks, and other times it’s “frying cheese” from Whole Foods, because obviously.
4. I like to have a jar of pickles on me at all times. I usually get into one or two as I’m making dinner and too hangry to get through. These are from Grillo’s Pickles, but I also freakin love Dr. Pickle at the Rittenhouse Farmer’s Market.
5. I’m quite picky about my eggs. Need the pasture-raised, outdoor living life and willing to pay for it. These Vital Farms eggs are like $7 a pop but I loooove them.
6. I try to have some water with lemon every morning. I know the hot water version is better for you, but sometimes a girl needs some ice.
7. I don’t really have a set yogurt brand, I just buy whatever is on sale that week. These are from Brown Cow, and you know I love my Chia Pods.
8. I drink my coffee with a splash of Silk Vanilla soymilk each morning. Only Silk. Only vanilla.
9. Preeeeetttty obsessed with GT’s Kombucha. Right now, I feel like it helps my skin a bit. My favorite flavor is the Trilogy, but I also love the ones with chia seeds when I need fill myself up.
10. And last, but certainly not least in the fridge: bevs from Troegs, QC Malt, and Goose Island. I also recently got blogger deliveries from CORE and Bai. I love both of their plain waters (CORE’s has perfect pH and electrolytes, Bai’s Antiwater has electrolytes and antioxidants), but they both have drinks with sugars that I don’t drink myself. Those are for my guests, cause I’m a very good host. 😉
And there we have it! An in-depth peek inside my fridge. What do you guys think? Anything I should pick up next time? Please share your staples (Whole Foods, TJ’s, Wegman’s, etc.) in the comments! xx