The holidays are here! It feels like just yesterday we were sweating in 80 degree weather (probably because it wasn’t actually that long ago), but I’ve been embracing the chill and pulling out my cutest layers and dark lip colors this fall.
I love love love putting together these gift guides. They’re definitely a lot of work – especially the guy version (thanks to all my guy pals out there who looked over my list this year to make sure I didn’t go too cray) – but it amazes me each time to see the cool things our city puts out. Every gift on this list is either made in Philly (with a few from the surrounding area) or speaks directly to Philadelphians’ souls. They’re all available to shop online (okay, the booze might not be that easy, but don’t tell me you’re not going to a liquor store…today even!) and some can even be picked up in local shops around the city. And this year’s guide is packed with *17* gift ideas, thanks to your overwhelming response on my instagram stories to include more gifts!
1. For the Star Wars lover (who also happens to misplace things frequently) in your life, this Stormtrooper key dish by Haddonfield, NJ-based LennyMudd may just be the the gift you’ve been looking for. 😉 $15
2. Get your man to step up his (and subsequently, your) AM java game with the French Press Starter Kit from La Colombe (multiple locations). $84
3. For the guy who can appreciate some kitschy pieces in his home, I am obsessed with how clever this Philly Cheesesteak map print from PhillyDesignCo is. It’s an instant conversation piece for every guest that steps foot in his home! $50
4. If your male companion is having trouble stepping outside of his fashion comfort zone, ease him into it sloooowly with the The Speckle T-Shirt from Philly shop, P’s & Q’s (820 South Street). $40
5. Like any great stocking stuffer, commiserating over something you have a shared hatred for is a solid way to go. I love these “I hate __” stickers from Philadelphia artist Corey Danks, especially I hate 76, because I do, hate, 76. $3
6. Get your guy ready for spring wedding season with a custom tie from Philly-based Ties by Tyler. I love this Spring Shower color (and love that Tyler suggests ways to wear each tie on its product page!). $70
7. I couldn’t pass by this Seven Fishes crewneck when I saw it on South Fellini (1507 East Passyunk Avenue)’s site, and I don’t think the South Philly, Italian man in your life would appreciate if you did either. $40
8. My new favorite shop for all gifting purposes: VictoryScreechLabs. They’re a Philadelphia Etsy shop, featuring over 100 mugs covered in obscure pop culture idols. My favorite (of course), is the Prison Mike mug. $15
9. Once a restaurant has secured the title of “the best pizza in America,” it’s probably a solid place to learn pizza making from. Pizza Camp, available at Omoi Zakka Shop (1608 Pine Street) is Joe Beddia’s cookbook – filled with new recipes and pizza pro tips for your aspiring chef men. $30
10. For the guy who just won’t stop talking about the world of Philly sports, the You Gotta Know Philly sports trivia game gives him a chance to share his knowledge in competition form (maybe with people other than you). $20
11. If you want to treat your guy to an extra fancy night out with his boys, a gift card to Ashton Cigar Bar (1522 Walnut Street) is a gift they’ll probably not be expecting and is sure to impress!
12. I’ve been admiring Stepover Tees for awhile. Their Sixers shirts are like the cool inside joke only your coolest Philly sports fan friends will get, but give you automatic points just for being cool enough to buy one. $20
13. A Phillies hat for the man that thinks he has everything but certainly does not if he doesn’t own this suede UBIQ x New Era cap! UBIQ (1509 Walnut Street) was founded in Philly in 2002 and now has 40+ locations in PA & NJ. $36
14. For such a fun day date just outside of the city, check out the Dad’s Hat distillery (Bristol, PA). The tour costs $10 for a whole lot of samples, the staff and owners are really, really kind, and the whiskey is gooooood. Grab a bottle to take home and sip all winter long.
15. Wallets are always a good choice, and the slimmer the better for most men I know. The Slim II by Philly-based Bregga & Co. comes in multiple leather colors and can be monogrammed, if that’s your guy’s thing! $42
16. As a subtle way to get a little green into your guy’s home (and help him learn to take care of something veeery low maintenance – just like you!), check out this Mini concrete skull planter by OC, NJ shop, takeitorleafit. $15
17. After seeing these lamps in person, the friend I was with instantly said: “whoa, I wouldn’t mind getting one of those!” This Brick City lamp is made in Lancaster by Get Low Illumination and might make your guy also say “whoa.” $45
I hope these inspire you to add some great gifts to your Philly guy’s Christmas or Hanukkah list this year. Pleeeeease let me know if you’re picking anything up (you can tell me in the comments, on twitter, instagram, facebook, email, anything! I really want to know), and if you’ve found a good shop or item you think Philly guys will love, add it to the comments below. Let’s help our shopping sistas out. 🙂 Stay tuned for the ladies guide coming out this week! If you need more inspiration in the meantime, you can check out the past FIVE years of gift guides, and happy shopping!