It’s beginning to look a lot like gift guide season! I love putting together and evolving my Philly Gift Guides each year; researching the best gifts for Philly guys always helps me to discover new places and products to fall in love with. This year, I have a fun mix of gift ideas (inspired by our city, of course) that I hope will spark some holiday shopping for the Philly man in your life!
I don’t mind Valentine’s Day. I think it’s a nice opportunity and/or reminder to do something special for the ones you love. There are tons of gift guides for sweet, Pinterest-inspired gifts you can get for your BF (I mean, who wouldn’t want to get this?), so I’ve decided to tackle some gift ideas for the under-appreciated on the big V-Day: your BFF, your puppy, and, the most important one, yourself.
It’s that time of year again! I love shopping for my family & friends, always on a constant quest to find the perfect gift. While I don’t have a lot of men to buy for this year, I do find it’s hard to shop for the opposite sex on a whim. Whether it’s a nice new leather belt or a Mens Henleys or a crewneck, something that would make such a nice gift to give them, you get the classic, ‘buy themselves exactly what they told you they wanted’. They never give you a good idea of what to get them, usually they respond with a joke and that’s the end of it. Sometimes, a personal gift like similar to one of the custom photo wallets that you can buy are a real help, but you can’t do that for all of them, as you probably don’t have a good enough relationship too! That said, if you and your boyfriend are friends first, and lovers later (like every healthy relationship should be), you could opt for some quirky gifts for him. Like a figura personalizada or (custom figure bobblehead!) or customized socks! Overall, with any gift purchasing spree, you need research, planning & a good memory. Nonetheless, whatever you gift your significant other should be from the heart, otherwise it is not special anymore! Last year, I put together a Philadelphia gift guide for your man and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. I wanted to bring it back this year with some awesome updated gifts your boyfriend, best friend, brother, or even really hip dad are sure to love this holiday.
1. The ol’ snapback trick. I like this Eagles snapback* because it looks good on a guy’s’ noggin, and you don’t have to know his fitted hat size.
2. Hook him up with gym bag or out-of-town business trip essentials from duross & langel*.
3. If your guy participates in Movember or sports facial hair year round (yes please), he’ll love these Phillies Facial Hair prints*.
4. I’m obsessed with guys in sweaters like this. This United by Blue sweater* is comfortable & helps a good cause.
5. Unique pillows make a big difference in a living room. Be warned, this famous Philly food inspired pillow* may make you hungry.
6. All Philly men love the Roots, right? This Questlove shirt is about as ‘City of Brotherly Love’ as it gets, folks.
7. These bicycle cuff links* are fun, quirky and perfect for a guy who likes to dress up.
8. The key to getting your man to go shopping with you? Take him to DiBruno Brothers* with a gift card in hand.
* = based in Philadelphia.
I hope these gifts gave you some ideas to get your holiday shopping rolling. Coming up next: my lady gift guide (we all know that’s the real fun one)! Happy shopping! xx