Today marks exactly one year since I began chronicling my journey exploring Philadelphia, and I can’t believe how far my little idea has come! When I began writing this blog, I was looking for an outlet to discuss things that were important to me, as a young, 20-something with no kids and a lot of curiosity about my new city. Deciding what to write was (and still is) easy, I document things that I, personally, would click through & read about. I am by no means a fashionista, but I do like shopping. I can’t cook that well, but I love discovering new restaurants. I’m not a wiz with a glue gun, but I like to decorate and get the most out of my small apartment. And while I am past my college years of long nights out at the bar, I am still young, single, and like to explore what the city has to offer. Wrap that all up in a pretty bow & you’ve got Her Philly!
Over the past year I have had some amazing experiences, like attending the Game of Thrones Season 3 premiere and traveling to NYC for Lucky FABB. I have met some bloggers & Philadelphians I consider friends (like Jessie, Melissa, Jade, Karima, & Kory, to name a few), and discovered countless new places to go and things to do around Philly. I am really thankful for the opportunities this blog has allowed me, and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings!
In honor of my 1st birthday, and because we all know I love lists, I wanted to share my Top 10 most shared posts from the past year! Plus, come back & visit me this week for some special surprises and giveaways featuring my favorite Philly things!
10. My experience taking a flying trapeze class during PIFA.
9. Keeping it real with my favorite product to eliminate chub rub.
8. Documenting the most amazing night in Philly.
7. How I built my confidence and learned to love my body.
6. My recap of East Passyunk Avenue’s Crafty Balboa & links to fab Philly Etsy sellers.
5. The first Philly Lady You’ll Love post featuring Luba Patlakh of Fluff Apparel.
4. My third installment of my favorite small apartment decorating ideas.
3. My “everything you need to know” post about Philadelphia Diner en Blanc.
2. My original post featuring some pinspiration on how to organize your small Philly apartment.
1. Seems there is a lot of love for my small city living spaces inspiration posts!
Thanks for the love & support over the past year. I hope you stick it out with me over the next year, I promise we’ll have fun! xx