Happy 2017, my Philly ladies! This month is speeding on by, and thankfully, this winter seems to be going a little better for me than I was anticipating. Instead of letting the winter blues get me down again this year, I decided it was time to make some #upgrades, ones that directly and totally benefitted one person alone: me! With a little help from my friend Vitamin D (in the form of baby yellow pills), and a few changes, I’m excited to share what I’m working on this month and beyond . . .
1. Create a Realistic Budget (and stick to it!): Being a relatively new “real person,” I am still getting this whole “budget” thing down 🙂 I will definitely be looking to the advice of LearnVest and some excel spreadsheets in 2013.
2. Establish a Workout Routine: I have a very sporadic way of staying active. I need to create a routine that I am accountable for. Lately, I have even been thinking that I should include something like the best CBD oil in my workout aftercare rituals as I think it will definitely quicken my recovery time for my muscles.
3. Devote 3+ Hours a Week to Reading for Fun! I really love to read, and have always made time for it when I was growing up. But lately, my laptop & cell phone seem to be the things I reach for when I have free time, and that needs to stop!
4. Catch Up with Old Friends More Often: I am so guilty of neglecting chats with my BFFs. I recently read about the concept of the Five Minute Phone Call, and I think I need to start instituting that into my week.
5. Purge that Closet of Mine: This is a continuing “resolution” of mine. While I have no problem adding new items to my closet (see #1!), whenever I go to throw something out, I suddenly have an urge to wear it. Not this year! Bye bye old clothes.
6. Stick to an Eating Plan: While some people may not like the whole low-carb diet craze, it worked for me as a lifestyle change. I lost some weight, and then I let my “cheat days” creep up way too often. I need to get back on track in 2013.
7. Volunteer: I’ve wanted to participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters program since my Dad did. While I think I still have a lot of figuring out about my own life to do (see: this entire list), this year I’d like to take the first steps to become a Big Sis!
8. Meet New People: The awkwardness of meeting new people when you’re out of college is tough, and not even seeing (let alone knowing!) the people who live in your apartment building also adds weirdness to the whole situation. This year, I vow to get out more & meet new people! I think I might like to try using platforms like Clubhouse too because after looking at a Clubhouse Review I was impressed by how many different people were able to meet and make friends through their interests and over social media, which might be a better start for me!
9. Cook at Least One New Recipe a Week: I have so many cook books. I’ve learned to sort of kind of like to cook. This is a must.
10. Thrift More, Spend Less: I don’t know why, but I am very intimidated by the Philadelphia thrifting scene. I love thrift shopping, but haven’t gotten into it as much as I’d like in the city. If anyone has any tips, send them my way!
11. Send More Cards: When Jordan & I first started dating, we lived an hour away from eachother. I loved surprising him with a card in the mail a few times a month, and he loved getting them! I need to jot down more REAL addresses & send more cards!
12. Grow My Blog! I can not even tell you how excited I am about Her Philly, and about all of the other awesome bloggers in Philly. I am looking forward to meeting my fellow bloggers and getting involved in all of the awesome events.
13. End Each Day with a Little Prayer of Thanks: I always feel better about my day when I give myself a little time to reflect each evening before I fall asleep. Simply saying “thank you” truly puts things in perspective for me, and I think doing this daily will be good for me.
What are some of your resolutions for the new year? I hope everyone has a fun & safe evening tonight … and wishing you a happy & healthy 2013!