You guys! If you haven’t been to the Philly Zoo since you were 6 or 8 or even 15, it’s time to get back there. On top of the amazing new upgrades the zoo has made over the past few years, there is one particularly important new addition to the Philadelphia region . . . a very small, very furry, very adorable baby gorilla.
You didn’t think I forgot about my ladies, did you? ðŸ˜‰ The second post in my annual gift guide series is always my favorite, because I get to search the internet for the best gifts that Philly ladies (just like me, naturally) would love to receive this holiday season. Similarly to this year’s Philly Guy Gift Guide, most of these gifting ideas ship from or can be bought in the city, or are just plain inspired by Philadelphia.
Last week, the lovely Jade of stylewallflower nominated me for a super cool Liebster Award! In case this is a relatively new term to you (like it was to me!), allow me to explain. A Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another as a way to get to know new & fabulous people.
There are a few interpretations of how many followers the nominated blogs should have & how many bloggers to nominate, but either way, it’s an awesome honor. So with that, on to the questions!
Share 11 things about yourself . . .
1. My little sis Lindsay is my BFF. I feel pretty lucky to have her as my sister.
2. I will never get tired of visiting in Disney World.
4. Almost every pair of earrings I own are from thrift stores.
5. I am a proud sister of Delta Gamma sorority!
6. I’ve been blessed with parents who love traveling. Some of our best vacations include Italy, San Diego & Miami.
7. I have a huge obsession with YouTube beauty gurus and their lives. Especially the British ones.
8. I still take my laundry home to my parents’ house every chance I get.
9. I listen to Elvis Duran & the Morning Show every day on my way to work.
10. I have two guilty pleasure movies: Love & Basketball and Varsity Blues.
11. Otters are my favorite animal. I could watch the otters at the Philadelphia Zoo for hours.
Answer the 11 questions given to you . . .
1. What was your major in college? Communications with an English minor.
2. Why did you start blogging? I wanted to meet new people, write more, and have an excuse to document my exploration of a new city.
3. Pick: Mr. or Mrs. Carter? Mrs. Go Bey!
4. Favorite celebrity baby? Even though she is not a baby anymore, Suri Cruise.
5. Where was your favorite vacation? Italy.
6. What is your favorite neighborhood in Philly? Although I am trying to broaden my horizons, Rittenhouse will always have my heart.
7. What is your dream job? Anything that involves a little social media & some writing!
8. Favorite designer/celebrity collaboration? Prabal Gurung For Target.
9. Which musician do you wish would just stop making music and go away? NICKLEBACK & CREED. Like, for real.
10. What was your favorite concert and when? I love Coldplay concerts. I’ve been to two, and they were both amazing.
11. What are you looking forward to this summer? Phillies games, weekend trips with my friends & going home to the beach!
Nominate 5 Bloggers . . . (you better check them out!)
1. Celestine from Java Aficionado
2. Georgette from Grown and Curvy Woman
3. Melissa from Ring the Alam
4. Brittiny from Fashion of Philly
5. Karima from Skinny Minority
11 Questions For My Nominees to Answer . . .
1. What is your favorite video on YouTube?
2. Do you like the Philly sports teams?
3. What is your favorite area to shop in the city?
4. #1 tips for new bloggers?
5. Recommend your favorite book.
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. Give us your favorite hidden Philly gem?
8. Are you more or a beach or pool girl?
9. Is there a beauty item you can’t live without?
10. What is your favorite Philly restaurant?
11. How has blogging changed your life?
That was fun! Thanks again to Jade for nominating me. I also wanted to take this time to acknowledge the tragedies that took place in Boston yesterday. Sending you Philly love, Beantown. xx