You didn’t think I forgot about my ladies, did you? ðŸ˜‰ The second post in my annual gift guide series is always my favorite, because I get to search the internet for the best gifts that Philly ladies (just like me, naturally) would love to receive this holiday season. Similarly to this year’s Philly Guy Gift Guide, most of these gifting ideas ship from or can be bought in the city, or are just plain inspired by Philadelphia.
5 Websites I Can’t Stop Shopping
I would say that, with the exception of some trips up and down Walnut Street and scouring area thrift stores, I do the vast majority of my shopping online. There is something so revolutionary about being able to limit and entire’s store selection to my size in one click. To “surprise” myself with “a gift” in the mail. To race against the 20% off coupon code expiration time to find another coupon code that you can stack on top for the best possible deal. It’s the best kind of high.
When I get asked where I get a lot of my more unique pieces, I realize a lot of my friends and family have not heard of many of these e-commerce only shops that make my world go round. to share the wealth, I thought long and hard in order to limit my absolute must-visit websites to these five gems. Behind the cut, I’ll tell you why I love each of them (sales & shipping hacks, mostly), and give you three pieces I’m loving, plus, of course, one that I already own and love.
Holiday Gift Guide 2012: Your BFF
As we are nearing December 25th, picking up a last minute gift for your best gal pal does not have to be as stressful as it sounds. There is still plenty of time to run down the street (or even across town) to pick up one of these gifts from a Philly retailer. No time? Don’t you worry, I’ve got online options too! Let’s see…
1. A Taste of Childhood: What better way to spend some time with your BFFs than a little pottery painting at this fabulous all-inclusive BYOB studio? The Expressive Hand gift card, available at The Expressive Hand (622 South 9th St.)
2. A Cute Calendar: My apartment is covered with Kurt Halsey prints. Your friend will love his adorable and heartwarming doodles. Kurt Halsey “2013 Wall Calendar,” $24, available at Art Star Gallery & Boutique (623 North 2nd St.)
3. Trendy Sports Gear: For the girl who rocks her Phillies ensembles outside of South Philly. Gray Eco Fleece Pocket Sweatshirt, $39.99, available at Broad Street Broad (737 North 4th St.)
4. Reppin Your Hood: These t’s are amazingly cute. They come in essentially every Philly neighborhood too! Women’s Rittenhouse Square Easy-Fit, $24, available at RittenhouseTees
5. A Cute Case: Society6 is an AMAZING site that puts art prints on tons of different items. This case is simple but unique for all of the iPhone users out there. Philadelphia City Skyline iPhone Case, $35, available at Architette Studios, via Society6
6. Simple Studs: These LOVE Park inspired post earrings will match anything and aren’t too gaudy for even your most laidback of buds. LOVE post earrings, $45, available at BathtubJungle, via Etsy
7. A Glitzy Hairpiece: I have been wearing the same Anthro headband for 5+ years, and every time I wear it, I get compliments. It’s worth the price tag. Amaranthine Headband, $32, available at Anthropologie (1801 Walnut St.)
What was the best gift you’ve given or received from your BFF?